What is a Poker Bot?
A poker bot is a very simple program which reads a poker table window, analyzes the hand in play and picks a course of action such as fold, call or raise. Most poker bots allow the creation of customized actions by creating a set of instructions usually called a profile.
Can a Poker Bot win?
Poker bots work reasonably well at low level stakes poker. Poker bots make logical decisions every time and never get mad or lose their temper (aka – going on tilt). At the low stakes, there are a lot of unskilled players (aka – fish) who don’t know how to play correctly and this is one area where a bot will excel.
Poker Bot Choices
Two of the most popular Poker Bots are the Shanky Bot and OpenHoldem Bot.
– Easiest to get running. Just download a trial and run it.
– Comes with a built in ability to play poker. The default profile is called Doodle.
– Active forum where players share profiles and tools
– Ability to purchase addons for automatic table opening (aka – hoppers,loaders)
– Does not work on all Poker sites (works on most such as Ipoker, 888, Bodog, Cake, WPN)
– Requires an investment to purchase
– Ability to work with any Poker site (using custom Tablemaps)
– Profiles can use player Poker Database statistics to make decisions
– No cost with the exception of taking more of your time to learn to use
– Profiles take more effort to learn and write
– Tablemaps are required for each site and type of table (ex. 6max vs full ring)
How do I get started?
I would recommend trying out the Shanky Poker Bot before using the more advanced OpenHoldem Bot. The Shanky Poker Bot has a free trial available that will allow you to play 200 hands. That will allow you to make sure it works before purchasing.
If you decide that OpenHoldem is a better choice, you can use the following links: